|Latest product reviews|
Here is a new package that should help fixing the Calendar sync problem and missing Contact/People application found on recent Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmwares for Rockchip based devices. This procedure is provided as a temporary solution until the manufacturers fix their firmware.
Requirements and compatibility
A rooted firmware is required, if you are not running one of our Kasty firmwares, you should be able to find one for your device in our forum.
If you are using a different firmware and ArcTools is not pre-installed, you can download it here:
Running the package
- start ArcTools.
- in the package list select: "Fix broken Contacts/People and Calendar apps on Rockchip RK3188 Android 4.4.2"
- click Download button to retrieve the package on your tablet
- once download has finished, please click "Install apps" button to run the installation script
- if you get a request from SuperSU (or similar app) requesting to allow root access, you should accept it, press Grant button on SuperSU
- after the script has completed, a "People" app. should appear in your Android application list.
This procedure was tested successfully on a PiPO M9 Pro tablet running our latest firmware (kasty-pipo-m9_pro-442-20131226-rooted4c.zip)
The usual disclaimer applies: our application and package come with no warranty for any use; you use it at your own risk.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:Oma7144, pipotablet, tobago, Paulkal
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: rando.mcranderson
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (100), Phone (5), Tablet (1)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech