|Latest product reviews|
I recently got my Arnova 9 G2I and tried to flash/upgrade the firmware with the Rockchip Flashing tool, so i could have Google Play, Youtube e.t.c. The method proposed for the Arnova 9 G2 does not work (not for me at least) for the G2I series. You don't have to enter flash/recovery mode manually (it happens automatically) or use other 3rd party software to perform the upgrade. I succesfully installed the firmware using this procedure:
1) Download the firmware: kasty-arn9g2-40-04.zip and extract it (wherever you want) so you can see the «update.img» file.
2) Connect your G2I to your PC as a mass storage device (so it gets recognized as a new external hard drive).
3) Copy the «update.img» to the root of the device. Do not place it into any folder of the Arnova, just to the root level of the device.
4) Unplug your device safely as usual using the green «disconnect safely» arrow in the system tray or from the orange «disconnect this device» button on the tablet.
5) At this point the Arnova will find the update automatically and display a message box offering to install this new firmware (if it doesn't reboot the device). Before tapping on "Install", you need to connect the charger/adapter DC-IN to your device. The Arnova will find the update automatically and display a message box offering to install this new firmware. Before tapping on "Install", make sure you connect the charger/adapter to the DC-IN of your device.
6) That's it! The Arnova will reboot and you will be able to use the new firmware with Google Play, Gmail, Youtube e.t.c
Keep in mind that the upgrade process will take a while (significally more than upgrading with official firmware) and it may seem stuck at times.
This is the official procedure proposed by Arnova for firmware installation. I wasn't sure if it would work with a custom firmware, but it does!
If something goes wrong i don't know if you'll be able to return to the factory firmware, so use at your own risk. Also the procedure did not erase any off my apps or data.
Hope this saves you some time and frustration.
Hey, I'm glad i helped! Just a follow-up, if you try to install an app from google play and get something like 941 or 945 error, press ok then wait for 3-4 secs and try installing again...it should work. If you expirience any errors or find any fixes to errors plz post to this thread so anyone can use it as a troubleshooting resource.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: tomcat218, fuscar
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (67), Phone (9), Tablet (1)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech