|Latest product reviews|
I'm wondering if i can use this tablet as a media player for my kids inside my car. As a tablet it obvious have capabilities as a media player and i've seen specs stating it can handle h.264 and other video formats. i've got a question about four things for use inside a car.
- Watching angel, this tablet will be put in the middle of the car in between the two front seats. Is the screen usable with a watching angle of about 45 degrees?
- Screen brightness, it can be pretty bright inside a car when driving during summer daylight times, will the screen be bright enough?
- Car charging, is there a car charger available for this tablet will a standard 12v car charger deliver enough power to keep this tablet powered during long rides?
- USB storage device, i want to plugin a USB powered hdd as storage device and play movies from that usb hdd. Is this tablet capable (without wiring "hacking") of using USB HDD's?
Tablets are usually good mobile mediaplayer. I don't own the Childpad but I have some experience with other Arnova G3 devices, so I'll try to answer your questions. Exelletor (member of Arctablet team) should be able to give more info as he owns a resistive and capacitive ChildPads.
1. 45° viewing angle should be no problem.
2. most tablet screens aren't ideal when they're used outside. Still, it should be OK if there's no sun/bright light showing on the tablet screen. Covering the car rear windows or closing the glass roof if you have one should help.
3. I don't know if any reference, but it should be OK with a car charger offering an USB plug and giving enough power (the Childpad charger outputs 1.5 A)
4. that's a bit risky, some USB HDDs work, some don't... I think it's related to the power they draw. You'd probably have more chance with a large USB key, but some are also not recognized.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Tnx for the fast reply. I've read that this tablet is about the same as the Archos Arnova 7d device and that the differences (after applying your custom firmware) are only on the outside.
Your answers for 1 and 2 comforts me, i was in the assumption that i needed a IPS panel for good "outdoor" performance. I'm glad that this will work, off course with the precautions of darkening the interior of the car.
I understand from your answer on 4 that the tablet natively supports the use of data devices as usb hdd's / usb key's? It also reads MicroSD cards up to 32GB or has anyone successfully tested bigger ones?
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (69), Phone (5)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech