The announcement for the new generation of processors came during the MWC fair in Barcelona and our beloved Charbax was right there to have a word with Rockchip about their next generation RK30xx platform.
The Rockchip RK30xx platform features:
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor with up to 1.4GHz speed, implemented with Artisan Processor Optimization Pack (POP)
- Quad-core ARM Mali-400 MP GPU, supporting OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and OpenVG 1.1
- Full memory support, including DDRIII, DDRII, and LPDDRII
- High performance dedicated 2D processor
- 1080P multi-format video decoder
- 1080P video encoding for H.264 and vp8
- Stereoscopic 3D H.264 MVC video codec
- Embedded HDMI 1.4a, supporting 3D display
- Embedded 60bit/s ECC, supporting MLC NAND, E-MMC, i-NAND and booting
- Support of dual panel display and dual camera:
For example, the quad-core Mali-400 GPU is used in various Samsung phones and tablets, including Galaxy SII, high-end phone released last year. RK30xx should start sampling later this month and the first tablets should be available in May. First prototypes with RK30xx on board are expected to be shown at Hon Kong fair later this year. Because Archos and Rockchip are working together for years now, the first tablets we will see should probably be Archos made. A SoC with RK30xx on board will cost 15$, as said in video Charbax recorded.
It is possible that Archos will use the same casing from the current Arnova G2 models for its new Arnova G3 line. For now, new Arnova G2 tablets are still being announced. The just announced Archos Childpad is equipped with RK2918, 1GB RAM and ICS and the Arnova 8b G2 V2 is also expected to have that inside, as stated in the not so long ago leaked pdf.
9.7 inches capacitive IPS 5 points screen, Rockchip 2918 CPU, 1 GB RAM, Android 4 ICS
|Maplin||Check for price||AMAZON USA||Check for price||AMAZON UK||Check for price||AMAZON DE||Gewöhnlich versandfertig in 24 Stunden||224.32 EUR||AMAZON FR||Habituellement expédié sous 24 h||256.77 EUR|