This procedure describe how to flash your device using low level Rockchip flashing tools. This may help you to recovered your tablet in case it does not start anymore (bricked device) or you want to flash it with a compatible firmware. This procedure has been successfully tested on Archos 7 HT (v1/v2/c revisions), Archos 70b eReader, Arnova 8, Arnova 10 tablets.
WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE.
FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE USED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Firmware Flashing procedure for Rockchip based tablets
- Select and download the right program and driver to flash your device.
If your tablet is based on a Rockchip 2808 CPU, such as: Archos 7 HTv1
>> Use this archive: RKAndroid_ENG.zip with Rockchip 28Driver and RKAndroidDM.exe
If your tablet is based on a Rockchip 2818 CPU, such as: Archos 7 HTv2, Archos 7c HT, Archos 70b eReader, Archos 70c eReader,Arnova 8, Arnova 10:
>> Use this archive: W9_0.18.20101201.214043.zip with Rockchip 281xDriver and RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe
- Download the firmware you want to flash, (make sure the firmware is the right one, made for your tablet model)
- Unpack both the flashing program and firmware archives on your desktop
- Power off your tablet
- Connect your tablet to your computer thru USB cable
- Start your tablet in reset mode, by putting the power slider to the right position and pushing a paperclip in the reset pinhole for few seconds. Note this varies from one model to another (see below)
- Your computer should detect a new device
- Install the Rockchip device driver on your computer (find in the archive from the flashing program directory on your desktop where you unpacked the flashing program archive) You should select the appropriate driver for your Tablet and computer Operating System.
28Driver: for Archos 7 HTv1, Archos 70b eReader
281xDriver: for Archos 7 HTv2, Archos 7c HT, Arnova 8, Arnova 10:
- Start the flashing program (RKAndroidDM.exe or RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe), it should show the  zone colored in green, see below:
- Make sure “image” checkbox is selected and select the unpacked firmware to flash (.img file extension)
- Click on upgrade, it should take a few minutes to flash your tablet, the green rectangle should turn orange while showing a percentage for the flashing progress.
- When finished the tablet should restart with the newly installed firmware
- We recommend that you proceed in a full reset of the tablet right after a firmware update.
The reset procedure depends on the tablet model.
Arnova 10, Arnova 10b procedure
|For the Arnova 10, Arnova 10b the procedure slighly differs|
(see contribution here: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/ask/467/android-will-not-boot-and-cannot-restore-previous-firmware#a468)
|1. Connect to power and do not connect USB cable. Switch to Administrator account of your computer. Right hand click “My Computer” and go to device manager. If you see Arch 10 error. Right hand click it and select uninstall.|
2. Run RKAndroidBatchUpgrade. Put a paperclip in the reset pinhole, and push volume UP button(not down button) for about 15 seconds. Then connect the USB cable. The computer should ask for the driver and select the advance funtion to install the corrected driver for your tablet . When driver installed, the #1 in RKAndroidBatchUpgrade screen will turns to green. Then hit upgrade, the firmware will be upgrade to the new image.
Here is a video for the procedure on an Archos 7 HTv2, thanks to hvdwolf from Archosfans.com, thanks a lot.