Archos has released a 3.2.77 firmware update to their Archos 80 G9 and Archos 101 G9 tablets.
This firmware has gained a good 20 Mb in size, it implements Google Apps Honeycomb release 6, ZIP files support in the file manager, USB audio cards support (release notes do not specify models), a new shutdown policy and many fixes.
There is also a great addition with the Media Server application, that is supposed to transform the tablet into DLNA Media Server to connected TVs.
According to the release information, the following changes are expected:
Version 3.2.77 – December 6th, 2011
- Google apps: new Honeycomb release 6 integrated. It fixes Video GTalk crash when switching cameras on devices with only one camera. Now Google+ is part of the firmware.
- Archos media server: allow connected TVs to play video from your tablet via network
- Network shortcuts: it is now possible to create network shortcuts in file/music/video browsers
- Accessories: external USB audio cards (DAC) support has been added
- Media center: a new progress bar slider indicates resume position on videos already played
- Media center: in regular list view, the title of the TV show episode is appended after the season and episode numbers
- File manager: support of zip files
- Music: fix repeat mode
- Audio: decrease loud volume glitches on notifications while playing music
- Media database: remove muSD card related entries when the card is ejected
- Media center: global resume displays posters when available
- File manager: fix UI glitches when dragging files after cycling through dual/single panel display
- Network shares: make sure authentication credentials are asked when entering a samba protected share folder with Archos media center
- MTP: device icons for A80S/H and A101S/H have been added for display on the Windows PC
- Display: fix touch panel events sometimes not taken into account
- Display: fix blinking of icons occurring sometimes in applications (e.g. Android Market)
- Display: increase of icon redraw speed when moving application icons on launcher
- 3G: correct telia.se and add Polen Telekom APNs
- Battery: make sure led blinks at full charge
- Battery: issue a warning that the product will stop charging if powered off while on DCin in the shutdown menu
- Battery: a new shutdown policy has been implemented when in suspend to ensure that product still has battery when powered back on. Shutdown of the device occurs when it reaches 50% of the battery capacity when the screen was last on.
Archos G9 3.2.77 Firmware download
Firmware update procedure at Archos.com